This course begins with preliminary theoretical lessons that cover a broad range of ultrasound physics. We present the importance of understanding the physical basis and instrumentation of sonography. The lessons will focus on the following learning objectives:
- to know the ultrasound physics and technology
- to identify the sonographic patterns of different tissues
- to recognize and explain common artefacts
- to describe ultrasound images using adequate vocabulary
- to select appropriate transducers and equipment settings
- to know the frequencies used in medical ultrasound and the effects on image quality and penetration
At the end of this module 1 the clinician will become familiar with ultrasound machines.