The degree of control of the operator does make ultrasound more operator dependent than other forms of imaging.
At the end of this module, participants will be able to understand ultrasound technology:
- to select appropriate transducer, equipment settings, transducer position and orientation,
- to optimize the patient position and respiratiory maneuvers,
- to know the different planes useful for analysing the sonoanatomy of the abdominal organs,
- to understand the indications on the image on the screen
- to be familiar with the knobology.